The Outreach Department is responsible for raising awareness of the sanctuary’s work, innovative educational programs, and increasing stakeholder engagement. In addition, the Outreach Department oversees special fundraising and educational events, including Cocktails & Cow Tales (annual fundraiser in New York City), Shindig (onsite summer festival), and Gobble & Groove (onsite Thanksgiving season celebration). Interns provide support in a variety of ways.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Representing Catskill at vegan/vegetarian food festivals, animal rights and environmental conferences, and other networking events
- Helping to plan and execute on and off-site special events
- Assisting with research projects and data entry
- Dropping off Catskill literature at community centers, libraries, cafes, yoga studios, vet clinics, etc.
- Performing other tasks and duties as needed
- Have an understanding of and be able to effectively communicate the philosophy and mission of Catskill Animal Sanctuary
- Be knowledgeable about the sentience and suffering of farmed animals, and the benefits of vegan living
- Be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with other interns, volunteers and staff
- Have excellent research skills and be detail-oriented
- Be outgoing, friendly and personable, and enjoy interacting with diverse groups of people
- Be available a minimum of 10 hours a week (may include some weekends and evenings) for a minimum of 8 weeks
Outreach and Special Events internships are available year-round and positions are filled on an ongoing basis as applications are received. Summer positions fill quickly, so apply early.
Please send an email to Tracy Willcox, Intern & Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- The position title in the subject line of the email
- A resume
- A cover letter telling us why you’d like to intern with Catskill, what you hope to get out of this internship, and anything else you’d like us to know
- Three professional references