Faunalytics is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization that empowers animal advocates with access to research, analysis, strategies, and messages that maximize their effectiveness to reduce animal suffering. Our team is dedicated to helping animals by providing useful information to advocates to help them increase their impact. Our work involves maintaining an extensive animal advocacy research library, conducting original research on topics that are important to the animal protection movement, and working directly with other organizations to ensure they have the insight and information they need to succeed.
Responsible for external communications, including developing and executing the organization’s strategic communications and marketing plan.
- Advocate Relations:
- Disseminate Faunalytics’ studies and resources to organizations and stakeholders.
- Develop and execute a strategy for increasing awareness and use of Faunalytics’ work among the international animal protection movement.
- Assist with cultivating, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with high-impact animal protection organizations.
- Identify and implement a system or software for tracking advocate relations and needs.
- Social Media:
- Manage the organization’s social media accounts, including developing and executing strategies that increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Responsible for creating original content and engaging with social media networks.
- Work closely with development team members to execute social media fundraising and Giving Tuesday efforts.
- Coordinate and on occasion deliver Facebook Live “Q&A talks” about Faunalytics’ work.
- Media Relations:
- Develop and execute a media outreach strategy; cultivate media relationships to increase public awareness of Faunalytics’ work.
- Draft and send press releases; pitching and obtaining coverage of our work (primarily in online media).
- Public Presentations:
- Manage event calendar; identify and secure high-impact speaking engagements.
- Create slide decks for speaking engagements and events.
- Deliver presentations and webinars about Faunalytics to relevant audiences (virtual conferences, universities, etc.).
- Identify and secure speaking opportunities for team members (e.g. podcasts, news interviews).
- Coach and prepare team members for speaking engagements.
- Misc. External Communications:
- Manage the development and execution of Faunalytics’ newsletters.
- Support Faunalytics’ Content Director with copy editing website posts and resources (the ideal candidate would also be able to help translate Faunalytics’ materials into Spanish).
- Serve as the initial contact for all public inquiries (respond to inquiries received through info@ email account and Contact Us form).
- Field volunteer applications; assign volunteers to appropriate team members. Oversee communications volunteers as needed.
- Misc. communications-related tasks as they arise.
- Belief in Faunalytics’ mission and animal protection
- Three or more years of nonprofit communications experience
- Proficiency with managing social media for business
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience with public speaking and presenting
- Self-driven and able to work remotely with limited oversight
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team, including a willingness to help other team members as needed
- Familiarity with Google for business (Docs/Sheets/Drive/Meet)
- Commitment to a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Five or more years of nonprofit communications experience for an animal-related organization
- Copy editing or Graphic Design experience a plus
- Familiarity with social science research
- Familiarity with effective animal advocacy and effective altruism
- Familiarity with communication tools including MailChimp, Slack, Asana, and Zoom
- Reports to: Executive Director and works closely with the Content Director
- Schedule: Full-time (40 hours/week), exempt
- Annual Salary: $45,000-$49,000 USD (depending on experience and education)
- Annual Benefits: Health care stipend, equipment stipend, 10 paid vacation days, 10 paid holidays, and 8 paid sick days
- Location: Permanently remote (US or Canada preferred)
- Deadline: Apply by July 31, 2021
How To Apply