PETA is looking for a strong, creative writer who has an interest in celebrity culture who wants to combine their skills and interests in order to change the world for animals! This is a great opportunity for someone with experience writing for the internet and professional social media experience. You should have a passion for animal rights, work well as part of a team, and live an animal-friendly lifestyle. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment, bring positive energy to everything that she or he does, and be a champion for all animals. This position is not entry-level, and will be based in our Bob Barker Building headquarters in Echo Park, Los Angeles and reports directly to the Senior Manager of Communications.
This position is to help maximize the reach of PETA's celebrity campaign launches – and other celebrity marketing efforts – online.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Draft celebrity campaign features/blogs as well as other short creative items, such as video scripts, statements for press and more.
• Liaise between departments to ensure goals are being taking into consideration for all celebrity campaigns.
• Research celebrities for potential partnerships and make outreach recommendations.
• Analyze celebrity campaigns success.
• Keep up-to-date with all celebrity-related important dates (e.g. Grammys, Oscars, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) and strategize fresh, interesting content to promote.
• College degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of two years of experience in online marketing with a focus on creative writing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in celebrity culture, including social media influencers (should be able to name your favorite YouTube stars).
• Proven interest in and strong working knowledge of social media (should speak Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook as a second language).
• Demonstrated excellent writing skills and the ability to nail a specific voice.
• Demonstrated ability to think and strategize creatively.
• Extensive knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Self-starter with a proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Support for PETA's philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate PETA's positions on issues.
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization